Monday 28 June 2010

Nothing to Say, Can You Tell?

It's finally racing season and I'm largely in one piece. Stiff back, sore right hamstring, sore knees, achilles tendonitis on the left and morton's neuroma on the right foot that can't quite make up its mind. I see the physio on thursday so hopefully I will get some answers there (and "you're too fuckin' old" not being one of them).

Had a good week of training last week, completing all of my workouts fairly efficiently. I'm still not entirely sure whether my attempts at improving speed has been a case of a too little, too late. At the very least a few 400m pace sessions and some block practise (where, for an instant, I thought I'd followed through) should enable me to reduce the 400m time further.

I'm competing at the Watford open meeting on Wednesday night in the 1500m and it looks like the second British Athletics League meeting on Saturday will see me doing treble duty again in the 800m, 400m and 400m relay. Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider this is not an age restricted blog!