Wednesday 2 June 2010

The Dead Start To Walk in Their Masquerade

During a couple of fairly intense track sessions recently I've noticed that my arms seem to be failing well before my legs. The nature of the workouts means considerable lactic acid - but it seems to flood my upper body before my legs. I start to look and feel like a confused extra in a Michael Jackson video. It's a most uncomfortable sensation and I now know how frustrating it must have been to be Tyrannosaurus Rex, although at least he had a tail as a stabilising influence and impressive teeth. More seriously, the issue has impaired my performance in these workouts considerably, so it's time to add to my gym routine.

I'll be hoping old rigor mortis arms doesn't make an appearance on Saturday in our first British Athletics League meet where I'm running the 800m, 400m and 400m relay.

It's with great concern that I report that the Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, appears to be operating an ice-cream van locally. I always make a point of checking my witch's hat for the smell of almonds but he appears to be out of cyanide. Surprisingly, he seems like a genuinely nice bloke and always laughs at my terrorist jokes - a top class spy operative if ever there was one.

Finally, I originally missed the news regarding the death of Ronnie James Dio. Every now and again someone famous but actually worthwhile dies. I still retain a vivid memories of the first notes of Night People as I left Woolworths as a 15 year old. Very few artists release 3 classic albums, even rarer to do so with different bands. Check out 'Rainbow - Rising', 'Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell' & 'Dio - Holy Diver'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider this is not an age restricted blog!